Velir Studios – Somerville, MA
A full-service Web agency that creates unique and highly customized Web-based solutions.
Project Manager, 7/2012 to Present
- Manage multiple projects, coordinating schedules and task assignments
- Work closely with our Clients to translate requirements into project plans
- Communicate with project stakeholders from discovery through deployment
- Organize and track open issues, project tasks, and milestones
- Provide regular updates on the health of projects to internal stakeholders
- Ensure projects are appropriately staffed
Wakefly – Westborough, MA
A lead generation, web design and development firm dedicated to helping companies increase lead flow, brand recognition, revenue and profits.
Web Project Manager, 8/2011 to 7/2012
- Acted as main point of contact for clients during project process.
- Managed internal resources & monitored timelines, keeping projects under budget and on schedule.
- Produced websites within content management systems, including Kentico and Sitecore.
- Maintained and managed marketing efforts for Editme, Wakefly’s corporate intranet solution.
- Examples of website projects include:
- Rentzie, a community marketplace connecting people to unique properties around national ski resorts, online.
- Campanelli, a vertically integrated commercial real estate, construction, development, acquisitions and management company.
- XCM Solutions, providing accounting firms with web-based workflow automation solutions that increase efficiency, productivity and profitability.
- Protector Group, a leading provider of commercial insurance, employee benefit services, personal insurance, and individual financial services.
- Quantech, providing high quality consulting products and services in the areas of Program Management, Engineering Services, Cost and Financial Management to the Department of Defense (DoD) and other government clients.
Berkleemusic – Boston, MA
Premiere institution for study of contemporary music / Berklee College of Music’s online extension school
Marketing Assistant, 8/2007 to 8/2011
- Created promotional teacher & student video interviews for Youtube, Vimeo and Brightcove alongside the marketing department’s video editor.
- Analyzed e-mail advertisement revenue, outreach and overall effectiveness for each academic term.
- Worked with sales team to manage & execute a large-scale military outreach project.
- Built and maintained Twitter follows & followers using CoTweet, resulting in 6,000+ followers.
- Produced the Music Business documents, for promotional purposes, using pre-existing course content.
Fanscape Inc – Los Angeles, CA
Digital word-of-mouth marketing agency that represents Doritos, M&M’s, Gamestop, Naruto etc
Digital Promotions Intern, 9/2009 to 12/2009
- Built and maintained social identities for Naruto Shippuden campaign and acted as resident anime expert, providing in-depth analysis on consumer targets and the overall anime marketplace.
- Interacted with core fans in social networks, message boards, video upload sites, microblogging sites.
- Managed database of client contests and was responsible for distributing contest information.
MediaLab Public Relations – Los Angeles, CA
Entertainment Public Relations Firm
Freelance Publicist, 5/2009 to 8/2009
- Composed press releases for NEW PEOPLE, a building in San Francisco’s new hotspot in Japantown for fans of Japanese fashion, media and culture.
- Contacted a wide variety of newspaper and magazine writers & editors in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic (now Learning Ally)– Boston, MA
A national nonprofit, volunteer organization that works with leading publishers and technology innovators to bring accessible materials to individuals with visual and learning disabilities
Marketing Assistant, 9/2008 to 12/2008
- Assisted in the design and messaging of advertisements for Lola Magazine.
- Helped to organize, promote and document the first open house event at location.
- Produced and distributed press releases to various local news outfits.
Emcomm – Boston, MA
Student-operated and faculty-advised marketing communication agency
Advertising Consultant for FramesPerSecond, 9/2008 to 12/2008
- Worked closely with the president of the organization to develop and create a new web site, promotional taglines and television & radio advertisements.
- Helped to design promotional materials (flyers, Facebook pages) for on-campus film screenings.
Marketing Researcher/Event Planner for MapBoston, 9/2008 to 4/2009
- Planned, coordinated and implemented citywide scavenger hunt to promote the new version of the planner.
- Conducted focus group interviews on campus to aid in the redesign of planner.
Catapult Thinking – Boston, MA
Hybrid agency that combines consulting and design services
- Aided in research of Shure, an audio equipment manufacturer’s competion in the marketplace.
- Photographed and edited photos for a redesign of company web site.
- Attended and assisted in a Dunkin Donut’s product photo shoot.
ComedyCazi – Boston, MA
A comedic stage show that combines a love of comedy and comic books
Co Creator / Producer, 4/2012 to Present
- Responsible for scheduling rehearsals, show dates and additional performances.
- Acts as the main point of contact for the improvisers, production team and performance space.
- Work with local artists to create marketing collateral (posters, postcards etc.)
- Managed the website and social media accounts.
Spandexless - Web only
A review website that gives coverage and critical review to Comic Books, Graphic Novels, and Sequential Art outside the superhero genre.
Contributor, 9/2011 to Present
- Create extensive full-length (400-600 words) and short-length (200-300 word) reviews for independently produced comics on a monthly basis.
Artful Comics – Boston, MA
Emerson College’s student run, annual comic anthology
Editor & Marketing Manager, 2/2009 to 5/2010
- Responsible, alongside team of editors, for organizing, reviewing and deciding what materials were accepted into the anthology.
- Created, promoted and hosted a date auction fundraiser, resulting in $300+ for the organization.
Popcultureshock’s Manga Recon – Web Only
Review blog for Japanese comics and popculture owned and operated by Midtown Comics
Reviewer, 7/2008 to 7/2010
- Created timely, extensive reviews & roundtable discussions for Japanese graphic novels.
- Conducted a panel presentation at Anime Boston, Fananime and New York Comic Con as a representative of the website
- Enthusiastically created roundtable discussions about the industry & products.
- Responsible for the creation of the ‘Classics Corner’ feature, showcasing out-of-print titles.